Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mr. Kite Flier

We took Kyson and Ridge to Freestone Park last week to fly kites. They had a lot of fun and the wind was perfect. Kyson got his up right away and thought he was the best kite flier ever. He would get it way up and then take off running with it. He probably would have stayed there all day, but he accidentally let go of the kite and it got stuck in a tree. It was actually probably for the best because I don't know how we would have got him to leave otherwise.




Ridge didn't really want much to do with flying the kites, but I did get him to hold on to the kite for a quick moment so I could snap a picture. He had more fun just running around and enjoying his freedom to run anywhere he wanted.


John and I took our roller blades and tried our luck at rollerblading. We used to roller blade a lot when we were dating and before we had kids, but we haven't been in years! John put on his and took right off like he was a pro. I on the other hand was a little shaky, but was surprised to have it come back to me rather quickly. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Cossebooms said...

I like how you said it was probably a good thing it got stuck in the tree, or he would never leave. Kids love to fly kites! Way to go with the roller blading. I did it a while ago and it can be kind of scary.

Nicole said...

We've been flying kites too & lost one in a tree:) It's fun though! Looks like you had a nice spring break:)