Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kyson is 4!

Kyson turned 4 on March 28th. He had the best birthday ever and enjoyed every minute of his special day! He put in a special order for his birthday cake and even helped me make and decorate it the day before his birthday. He wanted a baseball cake that was "black, with green stripes, and a little bit of white". He waited patiently all day long to get to eat it, so he was lucky and got to have cake before his dinner!

We went on our ward campout on Friday night so when Kyson woke up on his birthday I asked him what he wanted to do. He said he wanted to go home. I asked him why and he said, "Cause I want to eat my cake!" He was pretty excited about that cake!

As soon as we got home from the campout Kyson opened his presents. I had John's sister Sylvia come to our house while we were gone and decorate so Kyson would have a surprise when we got home. She did a great job and when Kyson walked in the door he got a stunned look on his face and said, "What the!" (one of his new frequent phrases) Thanks Syl! Kyson is really into baseball right now so he got a lot of baseball stuff for his birthday. He also got his favorite book, Green Eggs and Ham, a new hat (since the dog chewed up his other one), and a new Lightening McQueen toy. While we were getting ready for Kyson's birthday party, Trey and Kyson went out in the backyard to play baseball. I went out to check on them and overheard Kyson say, "This is the best birthday party ever, huh Trey?!" It was so cute, especially because it was just the two of them and the birthday party had not even started yet.


On Saturday evening we went to Skyline Park and had a little party with family. We had hot dogs and cake and had fun visiting and playing ball. Kyson loved his party and wished his birthday wasn't over! Kyson is such a sweet boy. He is so shy, but has a smile that will melt your heart. I can't believe four years has gone by so quickly. I feel so blessed to be Kyson's mom and can't wait to share many more birthdays with this cute boy!

No comments: