Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Weekend at Mount Graham


We spent our Memorial Day weekend at the Perry cabin on Mount Graham. We had a great time and are planning to get to go up again for the 4th of July, hopefully for a little longer stay. The boys absolutely love it up there and look forward to the time we get to spend there. I had the boys make little books to send to Grandma and Grandpa Heap to let them know about the fun things they did at the cabin. Trey's included riding bikes, going to slide rock, fishing, and sleeping upstairs. Kyson wrote about playing ball, fishing, sleeping upstairs, and getting a blessing. (He was sick, running a fever, and so John and Degen gave him a blessing to help him feel better.) Ridge, of course needed a little help, so he scribbled and I wrote about hiking lady bug saddle, eating chocolate pudding, drinking kool-aid, and playing with his brothers.

John and I enjoyed just relaxing and spent hours putting together a puzzle. We did finally finish it, but ended up with one piece missing. I got it at Savers so I guess that is to be expected when you get a used puzzle. I'm just glad it was only one piece! I love that our boys are getting big enough to entertain themselves and have a little freedom to roam and explore. We all love Mount Graham!

No comments: