Girls Night Out! It's always fun, but this month my friend Kristen put together a murder mystery for us. It was a blast! I about died in my costume from so many layers and being so hot. I was supposed to come dressed for high adventure. Costume suggestions were swimming attire, wet suit, snorkeling equipment, rock climbing gear, etc. So I went for all of it. I wore a wet suit and life jacket, goggles, repelling helmet, carabiners, ropes, and flip flops. Yes, it was quite dorky, but a lot of fun. The theme was City Girls High Class Reunion, 80s style. So all the rest of the girls really went all out on the 80s theme. Tisha, our, at the time pregnant and due any day now, Hindu woman, was the murderer. Everyone played their parts really well, especially Monica who was the ultimate biker chick. I wouldn't ever mess with her!
We went with our friends Jayden, Conner, and Byron to Superstition Dairy Farm a couple of weeks ago. The boys had a fun time together. They saw chickens, turkeys, goats, horses, and of course the milk cows. It was a little warm, really smelly, and pretty dirty, but they all had a good time. We waited in line for quite awhile for the hayride, but the boys stayed entertained by playing with their frisbees, climbing fences, and climbing on the hay. Laurel and I would have ditched the wait for the hayride in a heartbeat, but the boys were pretty determined to wait it out. As we left we stopped by the baby calf corrals and got to pet a brand new little calf that had just been born the night prior. The excitement of petting the calf only last a few minutes and then the boys were running around wild and racing each other. I'm sure that new little calf was happy to see us go and leave her in peace.
We made our last trip to the Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center on Saturday. I couldn't believe that it was actually still open, but the boys, particularly Trey, were so excited to make one last venture swimming for the summer. I forgot my camera, but we all had a good time and are already looking forward to next summer (for the swimming, not the heat!)Trey had his first parent teacher conference last week. He is doing so well in school. His teacher had nothing but good things to say about him. I got him some beginning reader books at the library yesterday and he is so excited that he can actually read them. He sounds out every word and has such a look of accomplishment as he reads each page. Kyson is becoming quite the artist and is constantly covering every paper he can get his hands on in footballs. After he colors them he cuts them into shapes, and then gets out the tape and tapes them up everywhere. Every time he hangs a picture he asks me if it is high enough so that Ridge won't reach it and tear it down. Kyson also loves his naptime with his Dad and is actually excited to lay down by him each day to take a rest. Ridge is still full of mischief, constantly trying to act just like his older brothers. He is just starting to try to say some words. He most definitely won't say them on demand, but will surprise us every now and then with a little something new. Ridge started nursery last week at church and just walked in like he owned the place. John and I are so glad to finally have one that will go to nursery without having a huge meltdown!
As I finish this post, the boys are having quite the time in the bathtub. Yes, all three of them...I'm sure the floor is soaking wet by now and that none of them have soaped up yet, but they seem to be having a good time! Until next time (probably when I finish my book)...
8 comments:
Fun! The murder mystery looks like a lot of fun! Your boys are so cute. Tell them all hi from us.
That is a really cute picture of your boys in the tub. These are just the kinds of photos that can come out when they start dating!
I LOVE Harry Potter! Glad to see you had a post:) I used to be at blogging, but things have been so busy, I fall behind & before I know it it's been a month since my last post! I'll have to keep better tabs on when I'm posting:)
I love the pictures of you ladies in your lovely outfits. That sounds like a blast!
I don't dare start the Harry Potter series. I'm going with the fact that it's really not my type of books! lol Love the murder mystery and your babysitting tool!
Oh good, I'm not the only one on earth who hasn't read Harry Pottery! I love the murder mystery. It made me want to do one. Your costume kills me!!
Dude, what is my sister wearing??? LOL Boys are super cute too!
You are the devil and must be stopped! That picture of me is HORRIBLE! Man I was swollen! :) Thanks again for stopping by and Mckinley wore the dress last week with a HUGE bow..love it! :)
Post a Comment