Trey came home from school on Monday with a big, bruised goose egg on his head. The nurse called me and told me about the incident, but when Trey got home I asked him to tell me what happened and this is how our conversation went:
Mom: Tell me what happened Trey.
Trey: (with a disgusted look on his face) I went to the nurse's office and had a popsicle, but it really wasn't fair and I'm so mad cause I missed PE.Mom: Tell me what happened Trey.
Mom: Did it hurt?
Trey: But everyone said PE was so fun and I missed it except for the very end and they were all having fun and I didn't get to go.
Mom: But what about your head? Where did you hurt it?
Trey: Ugh, you know, at recess, but PE was really fun today and I missed it.
Mom: Did the nurse put an ice pack on it?
Trey: Yes.
Mom: Did she give you any medicine?
Trey: No, but PE (pause)...oh yeah you should probably get me some of that grape medicine I like cause I hurt my head.
Apparently missing PE was a big deal...
5 comments:
Nice One Trey!!! I will have to show my boys.
That is so funny!! I love recording the conversations I have sometimes with the kids. That does look like it really hurts.
Sounds like Jared. Boys are so worried about missing out on all the fun. Hopefully it feels better. It looks like it hurts.
I really did laugh out loud on this one!
Lisa! I found your blog on Verlynne's page. Very cute. Love the name!
Trey is a hoot! :)
Post a Comment