Monday, August 18, 2008

A Day of Firsts


Trey recently had his first day of school and Kyson had his first day of being king of the house. Trey's first day of Kindergarten was pretty rough, on me and him. Kyson, though, quite enjoyed his freedom and to my surprise never once asked where Trey was or when he was coming back. Trey and I are both adjusting to his new school schedule and are both glad the first day is over. Trey got this blue doll on meet the teacher night. He was asked to decorate it with pictures and information about himself and bring it on the first day of school. We had a good time putting it together and Trey was excited when he got to share his with his class on the second day of school. Kyson, as I said, loves being at home with just Ridge and I. He loves being incharge and getting to play with all the toys whenever he wants. Today Kyson colored his own lunch sack and asked me to pack his lunch. We got it all packed and he set it carefully on the counter (so Ridge couldn't get it) and then waited patiently for lunch so he could eat his sack lunch. It's going to be a fun year for all of us!

9 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you joined the blogging world. I love your blog name and header, it's so cute!! I look forward to many more posts about your cute family.

Nicole said...

I knew you'd join sooner or later since I see you comment on other people's blogs:) My blog is private, but I'll send you an invite. The first day of school is rough! Kasidee started full day this year too & it was hard on me. I don't think as much on her as she'd gone to half day at the same school last year, but I sure had a hard time letting go again:) By the way, CUTE blog:)

Michelle said...

YIPEE!! I am so glad you joined the blogging world. It is so much fun!!! Looks good!!

julie and john said...

GOOD!! I'm so glad you finally jumped on the wagon! I love being able to keep in touch with some many people so easily. I saw your mom and sisters in St. Johns. I was sad you were there!! Keep posting!!

CJ said...

I love your blog title! Membership in the "no chicks allowed" club definitely has its privileges doesn't it? I'm sorry Trey had a difficult first day, but I must laugh at Kyson not even wondering where he is all day! Only a brother!

Jaime said...

Well I'll have to join you in the no chicks allowed, but you have one more boy to outnumber me. Glad you finally caved!

Carter Family said...

Welcome to blogland! I hope that Trey starts liking school soon. It took Jared almost a month before he was cool with me just dropping him off in the mornings.

Michelle and Javier said...

Yea! You do it! I love it! I can't believe Trey is in Kindergarten! WOW! Welcome to blogging chica! :)

kh said...

Ha ha! Lisa I love you!

Welcome to the blogging world! yay!